1837-Pioneers began arriving to this area by "Prairie Schooners" drawn by oxen, by horseback, by foot or via boat on the Erie Canal, Great Lakes and AuxPlaines River.
1837-First Post Office was in operation at Abingdon Inn, corner of Milwaukee Avenue and Belvidere Road.
1838-First log school house built in the North West part of Warren Township.
1841-First Burglary recorded in the Township when nearly the entire stock of Horatio Buell & Son Gereral Store was taken-merchandise was found and men convicted and sentenced to the penitentiary.
1842-First floating log Brisge built across the AuxPlaine River just North of the present Grand Avenue Bridge.
1844-First public Fourth of July Celebration held at Old Mill Creek.
1846-Early settlers selected land near the center of the township for locating a permanent burial grounds and named it Warren Cemetery.
1847-Post Office opened in Wentworth-present day Gurnee.
1849-First Toll Road, Old Plank Road, Built across the Township-East to West-now called Rte.120 or Belvidere Road.
1850-First Town meeting held at O'Plaine School and the name of Warren Township was adopted, named after Joseph Warren, a Major-General of the Continental Army.
1862-Warren Township won a thirty-foot flag bearing the names of "Lincoln and Johnson" for sending the most people to Chicago from a Township to the Great Republican Rally held after Lincoln's second nomination. A 75 foot timber pole, the Liberty Pole, was erected at Mother Rudd's Tavern for flying this flag.
1873-First railroad built to cross the Township was the Chicago, Milwaukee and St.Paul Railroad.
1874-The Town and Post Office were renamed Gurnee after the train Station.
1876-A two-story building was put up on the intersection of Grange Hall and Edic Roads by the Society of Grangers to serve as their meeting place and to act as headquarters for farmers collective Community Church.
1879-First church built in this community next to the Grade School was the forerunner for Gurnee Community Church.
1887- A franchise petitioned and granted to the Flood Family for the Warren Postal Telegraph Company.
1888-Warrenton Grove Post Office opened on Belvidere Road which became Wilson.
1904-First Rural Delivery Route for the mail was established.
1910-A fire completely destroyed the Bennent Grist and Cider Mill on O'Plaine Road despite the efforts of a Volunteer Bucket Brigade of over 100 persons.
1912-Valahalla Order of Vikings purchased the Biedler Home in Gurnee and made the Big Home into a Hotel and Beautified the grounds into a showcase of Lake County.
1913-First telephone system organized was the Warren Mutual Telephone Company.
1917-A Chapel was built and dedicated at Warren Cemetery.
1917-Higher Education was established with the opening of Warren Township High School.
1928-First Village established in the Township when Gurnee was incorporated.
1930-An Ordinance was passed by the Village to levy a Fire Tax.
1938-A Recreation System esablished in the area with the formation of the Warren-Gurnee Recreation Association.
1948-First house built on the Sears Estate and area became Wildwood.
1949-Township citizens won a referendum on consolidation of one and two-room schools forming Woodland Consolidated District.
1951-A Police Tax was passed by the Village of Gurnee and a full-time Police Chief was hired.
1960-A Resolution passed between the city of Waukegan and the Village of Gurnee to develop an Industrial Park.
1971-First major shopping center was built named Lakehurst.
1973-First Public Library opened its doors called Warren/Newport Public Library.
1976-The Warren Township Center Established and dedicated.
1976-First Big Amusement Center of the Midwest Great America, opened its gates.
1984-A major fire took place when most of Warren Township High School was damaged and destroyed.
1986-Once in a 100-Year Flood hits the Gurnee Area.
1987-A new Warren Township High School Building is going up and will open its doors in September of this year.